Monday, March 21, 2011

Fatigue Continued


Yeah yeah I have been tired. No big surprise there. I am hoping to be back in form this week.

To update:

Dynamic Daughter is in her third week back at school since her spinal injury and is relatively pain free. She has what is called a spondylolisthesis in her spine and confirmed three fractured vertebrae. Apparently she is missing some small bones in part of her spine that keeps the vertebrae in alignment. There is a possibility of 9mm movement - youch! I have taken her to the physiotherapist and she will continue to go until she is fully educated on back care and core strengthening exercises. The Lovely Husband and the Damaged One have taken up swimming at a local indoor pool. They have to do warm ups, structured exercises and more swimming and they are each other's motivator. Nice father/daughter time actually.

The Young Negotiator is about to partake in his mid year exams for his final year in high school. He is relaxed, cool, calm and collected and not studying nearly as much as I think he should. But he is not me. He is nearly 18 and there is only so much a parent can do for them at this age. The Young Negotiator has signed up for field hockey and no doubt will be just as thrilled when I sit on the sidelines to watch him play again this year. Aah the embarrassing parent, may they continue.

The Lovely Husband has a job to do and is focused. Our fences are falling down and he is organising materials, post hole digger type person and fencing type person. I am really up to date with the technicals as you can see.

I have finished my photography course and the Soul Sister and I are planning on joining a local camera club. I am hooked. I got all fit and enthusiastic recently and mucked out the chook pens. Two barrow loads of manure to spread onto the garden beds, fruit trees and the Sorry Row of camellias. I always wear a gas mask when dealing with the manure and so was puffing like an old chain smoker in the end. I made myself get the manure onto the gardens because I knew rain was coming. We have had days of rain since so all that goodness has been washed into the soil.

It is going into autumn now and the air is cooling a little. We still have some significant humidity though the nights are nice.

I hope to have some thrilling yet fascinating posts on the way just as soon as the brain kicks in again. It has been so long that the old noggin is not producing the gold that is my blog.....yet.

No comments: