Monday, July 25, 2011

Goose Gone, Gooseless, Goose-free

Fanny Goose has gone!  I know not where.  Could be a fox, an eagle, the handsome gander over the hill and far away, a need for her own career, maybe she needed to "find herself".  All I know is that Bruce is in mourning.  He is sad.  Bruce has gone from being noisy, aggressive, protective of his Fanny to being quiet, uninterested in human contact and depressed.  His heart is broken.  I am not exactly happy about this event either.  I dread to think something violent happened to her but it is the most likely scenario.  Twice I have looked for her or signs of her eg. feathers but there is nothing.  I will give her a couple of days to come home otherwise I will have to seriously consider what to do with Bruce.  Maybe I will rehome him with a flock somewhere, he may find another Fanny.  A new goose in his life.  One who will not stray from his protective side.  RIP Fanny.

1 comment:

Swellbelle said...

I spoke (or in this case typed) too soon. Fanny has returned just now, thrilling Bruce no end. He is making so much noise and looking so much better. Fanny seems unscathed and is also carrying on like a pork chop (or should that be a goose drumstick?). Yay, back to defending ourselves from attack, being woken very early in the morning and twice the amount of goose poo to deal with. Yay...