Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Conversation with My Teenage Son

Can I have the car today mum? 
What time do you need it till?  I am going to Photography tonight and it finishes at 9.
Well I am hanging with friends today and then we are going to the movies.  It doesn't finish till 9.15.
Good, you can pick me up.
I was kinda' hoping to hang out with my mates for a while afterwards.
Well then I need the car.  You will have to make other arrangements.
(Some thought and contemplation ensues).
Why don't you think about it for a while.
(10 minutes later).
OK I will take the car and pick you up.
Right then, thanks. 
I am leaving at about 9 this morning.
Great.  Can you take the recyclables in please?
But it is raining!
Yeah.
Have you put them in the car?
(Jaw drops).  No. I am in my slippers.  You put them in the car.
But I am taking them in.
Yeah, in my car.
But I pay $20 petrol money every week.
(Look at him)
OK, I will.  (Look of defeat and disappointment).
(I walk away, smiling at the amusement of this whole conversation).  "Have you put them in the car?"  HUH!

1 comment:

Twisted Sister said...

yeah, and you pay for the purchase of the car, the rego, the insurance - need I go on? Didn't think it through fully eh? He'll learn......maybe not ;-)