Thursday, August 19, 2010

From Boofette to "Lady"


I am a self confessed boofhead. The Lovely Husband calls me a Boofette (as if that is better). I wear daggy clothes around the house and property. I wear trousers/jeans/shorts in preference to skirts and dresses. I am not a wearer of makeup or fancy schmancy shoes. I do like jewellery and wear it but I don't change it very often. I like perfume but it does not like me, I get hay fever for about half the year. Having said all that check out the Sammy Choo shoes I bought recently. (Sammy is Jimmy's lesser known brother of course). I had to remove my socks and Blundstone mules to try 'em on. They cost me a whole $20 from a department store. The reason? We are going to my niece's wedding soon. I have a dress, quite plain but nice, brightly coloured costume jewellery and now these shoes. Unfortunately since I bought the dress I have lost more weight (on purpose) so it may be a little roomy in places. No one will recognise me. They will look past me and wonder where the real me is. That is, until I open my big mouth and speak. I don't usually feel comfortable dressing up too much but I am actually enjoying this for some reason. Maybe I have become a Real Woman........ nahhh, it will pass I am sure.

No comments: