Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Goose Cooked (or will be soon)

WHO ME?
Bloody Bruce the Goose!!  Anyone got a recipe for gander stew?  He is in deep brown-and-sloppies.  He was not even threatened by my fowl language which made me madder.

I picked up some seedlings from the shops that were in the 'half dead' section, some flowers and some vegies.  Not being successful at growing veg I only paid $1.30 for six carrot seedlings and six broccoli seedlings with faith that I could get them to survive their current neglect.  If not, well I did not spend a lot.

I had everything planted and went to retrieve the hose, feeling wholesomely farmy and dirty.  I could see the stunted yet almost formed vegies that barely coped with my poor management and care sitting on the dinner plates ready to be consumed knowing that I had provided for my family.

BLOODY BRUCE!  In the 20 seconds it took to retrieve the hose he had eaten five of the six broccoli seedlings.  Who invited him to the table?  How quick was he?  I now have a large parrot cage sitting over the one remaining broccoli seedling and the six carrot seedlings.  I suppose he took the statistically weak likelihood of me managing to keep them alive out in a mere 20 seconds.  He really should have more faith in me, after all I am going to university soon.

It feels better to get that off my chest.  Bruce can stay.... for the moment.

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

LOL :-) I love how you write. Very entertatining. Thanks for visiting and recommending my blog.