Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beetle & Butterfly

Yes this is corny.  It is meant to be.  At our last photography club a few of us were shocked to hear that in a lot of calender and card photos (professional) the butterfly or bug is actually dead and pinned in place.  Some days later while walking in the paddock I found this dead butterfly.  I also acquired a dead centipede (passenger in VW) and a dead fly (on bonnet of 4WD) and so I set up my own quirky photo shoot and this is one of the results.  You like? 

No insects were harmed in the making of this photo, although the butterfly's brittle abdomen did fall off from my poor handling skills.  And I did loose the fly in a light breeze.  But apart from that...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

LOL :-) I really appreciate your type of humor.