Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sewing Room





Posted by Picasa

OK, this little bag is my "sewing room".  I cannot sew to save myself and Soul Sister and I recently had a work Christmas Party outfit to make as you can see and this is what I found in my kit.  Not very impressive eh?  We have made two halves of a bonbon/cracker with a wire frame and the cheapest material buyable had to be sewn onto the frame.  We sat and nattered while we sewed.  "So howya' been?"  We laughed and made rude jokes out of absolutely nothing but Soul Sister can actually sew and was using 'blanket stitch'.  I on the other hand winged it and called it 'mattress stitch'.  Why? Dunno, just came to me.  Unfortunately the mattress stitch was an abysmal failure and I had to re-sew everything again the next day.  No worries, it only has to survive one night and then it can fall apart all it likes.  I may be able to waffle till the cows come home but sewing is like a foreign language to me.  We will have fun though.

No comments: