Sunday, September 19, 2010

Colour in the Paddock



The flower is from our Queensland Waratah Tree. It is a rainforest species even though we have it in our garden on a wind-swept hill, which the nursery owner did not recommend at the time of purchase. I had to have it and you can see why. It has survived many a storm, it just has a slanting trunk.

The clover is just a lovely green isn't it?

Do you get the impression I am a tree-hugging, nature loving country girl? To my offspring's' ever-loving embarrassment I do hug trees.

3 comments:

John Going Gently said...

just found your blog.....loved the goose blogs ! my two babies are 4 months old now!!
greetings from North Wales uK
regards
john

Swellbelle said...

Thanks. Geese have such rich characters. I hope you are enjoying your two as much as I enjoy having mine. Despite the poo.

Linda W said...

Your photography is coming along beautifully.