Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Presence

Aah yes another Christmas season over. Another season of over-indulgence and this time, too much rain. It rained before, during and after Christmas. We had a nice day though. The Lovely Husband worked long hours on Christmas eve and had to work again on Boxing Day so the 25th was a quiet and relaxing day.

Now to the important things, my presents. The Young Negotiator bought me this lovely solar light - the snail. Its pattern at night is beautiful.




The Dynamic Daughter bought me the Michael Jackson DVD "This Is It". Absolutely love it.



The Lovely Husband bought me this little Buddhist boy for the garden. I adore him. I joked about calling him Kevin but he will not need a name. The undies on his head belong to the Dynamic Daughter. They will not be in the garden on his head.



For a household with no small children Santa was very generous. He brought all four of us something. We all got the usual undies supply. The Dynamic Daughter received the book "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". The original story with zombie action added. Apparently quite funny. The Young Negotiator received the book "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis (lead singer of Red Hot Chili Peppers). I am reading it at the moment and it is a hard slog. It has pretty heavy sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll and I am a bit unsure of Santa's choice but it apparently has a good ending. Not exactly uplifting at the moment.




The most important gift from Santa to us all are the water pistols. The little water pistols, which look suspiciously like the ones from our shed, were given to the teens. The big, macho looking water cannons were given to the adults of the house - as is proper. The reaction on the faces of the teens was priceless and brought great joy to the parents and recipients of the water blasters. Oh happiness. Good ol' Santa.

Being a very wet day the traditional yet epic Christmas Water Fight did not occur. The Dynamic Daughter and I had a semi-epic water fight in the rain on the cement that was slippery from so much wet weather and I went down like a sack of potatoes. I bruised my left hip/buttock which made my body more symmetric since I had a matching bruise on my right hip/buttock from my fainting spell before Christmas. And so the semi-epic water fight was over with the Dynamic Daughter the victor.

The symmetry of the hip/buttock bruises did present me with a unique problem for a few days following the semi-epic water fight. When alighting the delicate toosh onto the throne of bodily functions it was hard to know which side was best for support on the seat of power as pressure on either side caused significant discomfort and the legs are too lazy for the squat of common sense.

No comments: