Saturday, January 1, 2011

I Don't Faint, really


It's true. I am not a fainter. Never in my life have I fainted. I have felt faint, I have been dizzy and I have been knocked in the head a couple of times; one with loss of consciousness, but I never faint. Until now. I fainted the week leading up to Christmas. Whoa it was weird.

I woke in the middle of the night, just to go to the loo and next minute I am feeling mighty unwell. I decide to go to the kitchen for a suitable receptacle for my stomach contents and the next thing I remember is the Lovely Husband calling my name. He heard the crash bang of my demise and was naturally alarmed. Strangely I was on the kitchen floor not the bathroom floor. I don't remember the dance down the hall and into the kitchen and cannot explain it. The Lovely Husband started to pick me up off the pristine and polished kitchen floor (sarcasm at its most sarcastic) and the first thing to come out of my mouth is "I don't feel very well". Hearing the obvious the Lovely Husband replies "No kidding!".

I spent the rest of the night feeling bloody awful and was taken to the doctor when they opened in the morning. After extensive questioning and examination I am deemed to have a virus with fever. I do happen to have low blood pressure and it must have plummeted which in turn caused me to meet with that pristine and polished floor.

I don't care to repeat the experience and was a little nervous when getting out of bed for a couple of days afterwards. If I get up too fast from crouching or lying down I can get a bit wobbly but that is normal for me and my low blood pressure.

I am obviously into trying out new experiences; good, bad or indifferent and I would definitely class this one as bad.

No comments: