Friday, January 28, 2011

Dogs in Sunglasses




How cute and tolerant are these dogs?

I had a delivery of six new laying hens recently. As I led the man with the chooks past my toilet features in the herb garden while wearing my heart shaped sunglasses he couldn't help himself. "You are a crack up" he says. I forget that my glasses are funky. I bought them some time ago to embarrass the teens (they failed to do the job) and so had to make use of them. They are now my farm glasses and I throw them on without further thought. I sometimes wonder why, when people see me down at the mailbox or arrive at our place, they smile so enthusiastically and almost seem to laugh. I am not weird, really. I might like to photograph my dogs wearing my glasses, I have photographed the flies on a cow pat, I am highly amused when I race the geese flapping my arms to match their flapping wings but really, I am not weird. Strange and quirky maybe but not weird.

1 comment:

Swellbelle said...

Just as an afterthought, while I was highly amused at running with the flapping, honking geese, I have discovered it is not the most sensible thing to do. Bruce ran into the back of my legs on one of these forays and nearly knocked me for a six. Geese are not terribly accurate obviously, one of them did run headlong into our oncoming car on the driveway some time ago. Still, they continue to make me smile!