Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm Star-r-r-rving

OK, I am about to share more than I would usually but I need the distraction.  Just warning you.

Tomorrow I am having a colonoscopy.  Yep, one of those lovelies.  So yesterday I had to not eat fruit, fibre, veggies, red meat etc.  I could have low fat dairy and lean white meat.  That's alright.  I can cope. 

Today, I am allowed no solids, no milk products, no food!  I am allowed clear liquids eg. clear juices, jelly, strained chicken noodle soup.  That sort of thing.  Holy Crap! (Get it?)  Food is so-o-o important to me.  This is killing me.  (Slight exaggeration, only slight).

This afternoon I have to consume some stuff, some dosed water, some chemical that will empty my bowel like a good dose of salmonella poisoning, like an Enyo cloth for the inside, like a fire hose has been shoved down my throat and will straighten out my small and large intestines.  (Again, I don't exaggerate greatly).  Holy, holy CRAP!

Help. 

Tomorrow, I have to have nothing four hours before procedure.  I think I have said it all.  My life is HELL.  Hell I tell you.  Of course, this comes from a spoilt woman who considers food to be the staple of her life (funny about that). 

I will survive.  I am a survivor.  I didn't say I wasn't a whinger.  I also didn't say I don't feel sorry for myself.  I certainly would never say I enjoy starving to death.  But I do like a good exaggeration.

1 comment:

Swellbelle said...

Still hungry. Just saying.