Thursday, July 15, 2010

Splice & Crepsley



These are our new pets, African Lovebirds. They are just beautiful don't you think? I have them in a snake proof, large cage on wheels. So much easier to move them around from sunny spot to shade etc. I bought the Lime Fischer bird and named her Splice after the ice block her colouring reminds me of. The Dynamic Daughter bought the Blue Fischer and named him Crepsley after a character from a series of books she reads and collects by Darren Shan. They are such clowns. I was given a peach faced lovebird for my 21st birthday all those years ago and she was with me for many years. They are a happy, chirpy bird (huh, yet another crappy joke my kids would groan at).

Keep posted, hopefully I will have no disaster befall these two to report.

No comments: