Monday, May 9, 2011

Old Cheese Jumps Off Cliff


My mother, the Old Cheese, is a bit of a daredevil. She is 77 years old and loves to go to high places. She has taken a joy ride in an ultralight, climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, taken a flying lesson over Sydney Harbour and now she has been hang gliding. What a woman!! This was her mothers' day gift for last year and she has finally used it.

We spent the most beautiful day at the beach. We bought her lunch, took her hang gliding (as you do) and then a restorative coffee and cake afterwards in a local cafe.



The Old Cheese was not nervous, excited yes, but not nervous (weirdo). I found the 10 minutes she spent on the precipice with the instructor waiting for just the perfect wind nerve racking. My own mother was going to fly...that is, leave the ground! And the ground was so-o-o far away. Once she was airborne I was OK. The Lovely Husband and the teens thought my anxiety over this amusing. (They are heartless of course). I enjoyed the whole thing so much and it was not even about me!!! Who would have thought?




The Old Cheese is someone to be admired and the whole family is very proud of her.

No comments: