Saturday, May 21, 2011

An Update on THAT Horse

OK.  You all know the story.  My mare, the aforesaid Piece of Poop, threw me about six years ago, I got a brain injury, blah blah blah.

Well...I gave her to a woman to sell for me.  This wonderful woman and her teenage son worked with her and Shadow was working and behaving beautifully.  They sent her out on trial to a couple of places with full disclosure of her past and that Piece of Poop, again, threw her rider.  Poopanola!  Right.  It was decided I would give her to the woman and her son and they would try and re home her.

That Piece of Poop went to a new home on trial.  The new people were horse-savvy and dealt with her issues and loved her.  All is good right?  She had been living with them for some months after all.  Wrong.  I heard recently that she had thrown the woman who rode her.  This woman received a concussion and damage to her ankle and was unwell for some weeks.  WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THIS HORSE?!  She has people who love her, give her time and patience and still she throws a tanty.  I can't believe it.  The breeders who sold her to me assured me I could teach children to ride on her.  Huh!  This horse probably has a trail of concussed riders across the country, wondering what they had done wrong.  Apparently the latest concussed woman wants to give her a second chance.... ooh, I don't like that idea at all.  I am so disappointed and unhappy she has struck again. 

Now photography is a much safer hobby.  True, 90% of my stuff is crap but I can just delete it.  Easy.  I do love horse riding but have not been on one since my accident.   I intend to one day, I have a new helmet, my old jodhpurs and boots.  I know I will not own a riding horse again.  It is not for me anymore.

Well, good luck lady with the concussion and dodgy ankle.  I hope you keep safe.

No comments: