Thursday, October 21, 2010

Aussie Animals





The few decent photos I have from Australia Zoo. We did not bother going to the koala enclosure as we see them in the wild at home.

We have a perenti here, a very large Australian lizard. They will eat chicken eggs, chicks and small mammals. I think they mostly eat carrion though.

An Eastern grey kangaroo. They are fairly common and we have even seen them around here although that is not usual.

A brush turkey. They build enormous nesting mounds of dirt and leaves in the rainforest to incubate their eggs. They are also a nuisance in the camping grounds that occupy their habitat. They rummage through your garbage and plates looking for scraps.

The crocodile. We have saltwater and freshwater crocs, or as the Aussie's call them salties and freshies. This one is a saltie I think, the more deadly of the two.

I took more photos but they were not great. I think I will do another photography coarse.

2 comments:

John Going Gently said...

love the bush turkey... but I am a sucker for turkeys of ANY Kind

GOOD PHOTOS!!!!

Swellbelle said...

Thanks for the feedback, it's always good to know people are reading my blog.