Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crikey What a Beauty



To quote Steve Irwin, "Crikey what a beaudy!" These are rhinoceros iguanas I photographed at Australia Zoo. Aren't they gorgeous? They are so ugly I love them.
They come from the Caribbean. What is it with me and ugly animals? I love my Transylvanian naked neck chickens too.
I do love reptiles.

I saw a rather large Eastern brown snake in the garden yesterday, very deadly. My staffy and cat were harassing it so I called them inside so they would not be bitten. Bloody stupid Roger went out the other door so he could harass it again but came again when I called. He just stands there and barks at snakes but those snakes are lightening fast when they strike and Roger is not that quick. I grabbed my camera to take a photo but it was too late, the snake had moved on.

No comments: