Thursday, October 21, 2010

Geese-a-Growin'


These are my babies before we went away. They grow so fast. I will get another photo soon because they are practically adults now. I have to offload some soon. I want to keep about two of the same sex in the yard. We have been letting them out into the paddocks every morning and back in at night and it shocks me how far they range. Apparently they are making a nuisance of themselves with my neighbours sometimes.

Bruce, the big daddy, is still taking his role quite seriously. When I give them their grain in the evenings he will not wait like the other geese and because I am bending over to pour the grain into their dish he is way to close to my face. Bruce has had his face slapped a couple of times and told to Back Off Man! He attacks the bag of grain instead now. Not a terribly bright fellow is our Brucey.

No comments: